MONDAY STUDY AND PRACTICE VIA WEBINAR
with Jakob Leschly
SIA offers a weekly sangha gathering via webinar each Monday from 5 :00 pm to 7.30 pm
The webinars are held under the auspices of Tibetan Buddhist master Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche with Jakob Leschly as instructor. Jakob has served Siddhartha’s Intent since 1993. Jakob will give a Dharma talk at 5pm followed by Q & A and discussion. At 6 to 6.30pm there will be an introduction to the practice of meditation. This session will be broadcast for anyone wishing to practice meditation in a Sangha context.
Our aim with this program is to provide SIA members with an opportunity to participate in an online Sangha forum. This is to encourage the development of the three prajñās - study, reflection and meditation. Join us from wherever you are located.
This webinar program is complementary for all SIA financial Members. If you are unsure if your membership is up to date or for information on how to become a member please click here.
Each Monday in October 2018 5:00pm to 7.20pm Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST : +10:00 UTC) (click here for other time zones)
- 1/10 Living with a View: Some advice from the lineage masters about how to integrate a wider perspective through meditation and post-meditation.
- 8/10 Shantideva on the Practice of Patience: This is mainly for my own benefit, but please join if you need a reminder. Extracts from the brilliant chapter Six of The Way of the Bodhisattva.
- 15/10 On the Meeting of Buddhist and Western Psychology: We will look at an article from The Collected Works of Chögyam Trungpa.
- 22/10 White Foot: The Life and Legacy of the Tibetan Yogi, Shabkar: A few anecdotes and songs from the great life of a 19th century yogi who wandered all over Tibet, leaving a luminous trail of bliss and freedom.
- 29/10 BYOQ: Discussion, Questions and Possibly Answers: Feel free to ask anything. It will most likely also help others.
Registration for SIA Members:
If you are registering for the first time please contact Jakob email@example.com with your details. If registering for the first time you will be provided with log on information. If you have registered previously, the link is the same. The DropBox link also remains the same.
Time: Mondays, 5-7.30 pm
Venue: Living Yoga Sangha (or Online) - 63 Stuart Street (1st floor), Mullumbimby, 2482, NSW Click for location on Google Maps $5 donation at the door for evenings in Mullumbimby.